- HIE Xchange
- Why Us
– Nearly doubled in the past decade.
– Highest in the GCC for obesity and illnesses related to cardiovascular disease (CVD),stroke, hypertension, and diabetes.
Increasing and aging population.
– Increase in the Public & Private Hospitals, Clinics, Beds and specialized.
– Private Investments in Chronic & Home Care Facilities .
– Mandatory Insurance.
– Accreditation, Compliance & Integration for a move towards SMART hospitals
– Etisalat and du, joining the eHealth movement .
– Since 2007, the healthcare budget allocated by the UAE has nearly doubled, from $6.5 billion in 2007 to over $12 billion in 2012 to $14.6 billion by 2014 at a growth rate of 16%.
– Healthcare budget as a percentage of the GDP has experienced an increase from 2.5% to 3.1% with a high point of 4.4%, registered in 2009 following the global financial crisis.
– The UAE’s healthcare spending as a percentage of the GDP of 3.1% is one of the highest in the GCC, coming third to Bahrain and KSA.
– Tele-radiology services in the GCC represent a $2 billion annual business and growing.
– Growth Rate of CAGR 22.3% from 2013 to 2019, to reach a value of $3.78 billion.
– According to In-Medica, the global market for tele-health technology solutions (excluding tele-radiology tech services) will reach nearly $1 billion by 2015 and grow to about $6.28 billion by 2020